View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 10:15 PM   #1
Jerimiah Childress

Profile:
My mom has had ovarian cancer and as a result has had a complete hysterectomy. We were discussing hormones and weight loss and the accepted Idea that "everything kinda slows down" at menopause. She asked what hormones she could be missing and if there is any way to supplement that could boost her metabolism. She is 47-48 I forget which and has been cancer free for over 2 years now. After her surgery she has radically changed her diet, and now is vert healthy with her diet by American Diet standards, ie lots of fruits and veggies, lean meats, etc. but she does still eat grains although almost exclusively whole grains if that makes a difference. Fairly low activity level, but doesn't yet see crossfit or anything like it as a viable exercise program for her, but she does still smoke.(Hmmm there could be a connection, but try and tell your mom that, she wont listen to you any better than mine listens to me) Anyway back to my main question, what hormones are we looking at here and is there any thing outside of prescription she can do?