View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #4
Martin Brown

Profile:
Re: very severe headache since doing "diane" on friday

I've had that happen also. I will echo what someone else said, it sounds like an exertion headache. I had it happen doing Fran. The headache started to come on during the thrusters and then after the workout my head felt like it was going to explode and then I had a very dull, but painful headache the rest of the night and into the next day. I tried to do Michael that next day and had to quit because my head hurt so badly.

I did some research on them and they are similar to "cluster migraines." They come around and stick with you for a few days and then go away. I have felt them coming on a few times since then and the key for me is to stop doing what I'm doing when I feel it coming on and let it subside before going on. For me, they seem to come around during thrusters. I noticed that I when I looked towards the ceiling during thrusters that I would feel it coming. I have concentrated on not looking up and it seems to keep them at bay. This is just a personal opinion, but I think when I look up during thrusters that it cuts off the blood supply to my head and then after I finish the the exercise the blood rushes back into my brain.

Try keeping your head more level during deadlifts and HSPU and see if that helps, and remember that when you feel the headache coming on stop and let it subside.