View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 12:20 PM   #6
Laura Kurth

Profile:
Re: Kristie does 30 Days in "Paleo Lockdown"

Hey Kristie - looks like your new challenge is going well so far!

You don't really need to eat carbs with breakfast if you don't want to, you could just have an omelet/crustless quiche with veggies in it. If you have enough protein & fat, it shouldn't be a problem having lower carbs.

So you are used to peanut butter with salt? I prefer my PB with no salt anyway but there is certainly a big difference between peanut and almond butters. I find the almond butter more 'sticky'? but I like both. I eat peanut butter more often because I stir it into my oatmeal and almond butter just isn't as good like that.

For the coconut flakes, you could maybe venture into doing some paleo baking, there are some good recipes out there using coconut flour, and you could sprinkle the flakes into the batter. Another option would be perhaps to make your own ice cream from coconut milk. Or, sorbet - blend a bag of frozen mangoes with a can of coconut milk, you could put the flakes in with this concoction.

Or, for another treat you could melt some extra dark chocolate with a little coconut oil, coconut flakes etc. and then freeze it to firm it up.