View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 01:53 PM   #7
Kristie Willhoit

Profile:
Re: Kristie does 30 Days in "Paleo Lockdown"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany Warren View Post
Just checking in so I can follow your progress.
Thanks for checking in, Brittany! It's always awesome to have some feedback on the boards. =D

I checked out your log and I'll be checking in with your progress as well! Good luck with the no-carb attempt. It was tough the first time I did it - I think the first few days were OK, then Days 4-8/9 were really hard, but after that, no problem. Just keep perservering, because if ever you give in to the craving, that time frame starts over!

Quote:
I noticed that you seem to have a different reaction to carbs than me. I've taken carbs out of my breakfast because they make me too hungry! If I eat fruit with breakfast, I'm tearing people's arms off by lunch. Funny, because until I started eating paleo-ish, I thought I tolerated carbs well. Vegetables don't provoke the same reaction, so maybe it's the sugar. Meh.
It depends on the carbs I eat...if I have fruit, I have to limit it to only 1 Zone block. I could only eat oats as my carbs and that would keep me full as long as I increase my fat blocks. But no oats allowed.... Vegetables...I'm having a really hard time getting 3 blocks of vegetables down in the morning so I usually undereat them and then get hungry! I'm trying not to be neurotic about it and just eat some nuts if I do get hungry, and I'm sure I'll adapt from Zone-freak to Paleo after a few days... Lol.

Quote:
I miss oats too. I noticed you're eating canned pumpkin -- how do you normally prepare that? I love pumpkin.
The canned pumpkin is easy - I just spoon about half the can in a bowl and pop it in the microwave to warm it, then stir in some cinnamon and some nuts or seeds (sunflower, pistachio, sliced almonds - so far my fave is pistachios). It's like dessert!

Quote:
Good luck with the rest of the month! I'm really impressed with what you're doing here. Keep up the good work!
Thanks, you too, Brittany! I subscribed to your thread, so keep posting and give me something fun to read. (by the way, yes you can count your max DL as a bodyweight lift. )