View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 08:47 AM   #3
Joey Dussel

Profile:
Re: Your CrossFit Crystal Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Smith View Post
Scott, you post some insightful things on these boards. I'm curious as to what your answers are to your own questions.

For me, in two years, there will be more CF gyms. In 5 years, there will be less. Bigger, more successful gyms, will start buying the CF gyms that have been around for 3+ years that aren't doing that great. You'll see more CF gyms like NorCal CrossFit and their style of running a business. Average people will no longer be able to open a CF gym because of this market. The only markets that will support a "boot-strapped" gym will be extremely small towns and cities that don't already have an existing CrossFit gym.

My two cents.
Agreed, I want to hear from you, and learn why you are posing such questions.

There will be more CF gyms overall, but there will be a consolidation. More gyms will be owned by a single entity (NorCal style). Garage affiliates only in small towns. Crappy coaches / owners that survived or thrived DESPITE their lack of abilities will start to suffer, then will sell to companies / people who have an actual business plan. More CF gyms will start offering more "perks" like nice showers, childcare, services like that, until we have CF gyms with tanning beds and group exercise classes that are marketed as CF but are watered down version that is easier to coach is large groups with a minimally trained (i.e. inexpensive) trainer.

-Joey