If you want a real diagnosis, see an orthopedic doc.
If you want a guess by myself, we can do that..
1. Google a pic and mark where it hurts.
2. What exercises hurt? Which shoulder articulations hurt? Make sure you check both with passive motion and resistive/active motion. wfs
3. What type of pain is it? Burning? Ache? Tingling? Sharp?
4. What would you rate the pain at on a 0/10 scale? 0 being no pain, 10 being go to the emergency room.
5. Acute or chronic (chronic more than ~6-8 weeks)? What date was onset? How has the pain improved since the initial injury?
6. Have you been training through pain? If so, how long?
7. How deep is the pain? Is it more superficial tissues? Or does it seem to be more inside or around the joint? Describe it.
8. What have you been doing for recovery purposes?
9. What seems to help? What seems to make it worse? Is it constant? Does it increase/decrease with certain activities?
10. Check the tissue quality of the surrounding muscles. Which ones are tight? Which ones are tender? Is there any swelling?
11. How does it feel after exercise (if any)? How does it feel at the beginning of the day? How about the end of the day?
12. Any previous injury history?
13. How's your posture?
14. What is your current workout routine for that bodypart? Do you play any sports?
15. Any other information I should be aware of or that comes to mind that may help?