View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #3
Ryan Ransom

Profile:
Re: Yet Another Diet Critique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bedell View Post
"I'm very pleased. However, I am not as lean as I would like to be so I'm trying to figure out how to make that happen while continuing to gain strength/muscle."

Ok everyone, and I'm not picking on the OP here, 90% of us have this goal...more size and less fat. This is about ready for "sticky status." Unless you are an overweight novice, this is not going to happen for you. IFF you are of average bf you need to pick one goal and work on it, and then the other. For example; gain mass, then lean out. OR, lean out for summer, gain mass in winter.

And I really do believe that all diet questions can be answered with the search function, and or reading the various websites that are linked here incessantly; marksdailyapple, robb wolf, whole30, etc.
I didn't know about Marks daily apple. Interesting stuff. Apparently, I'm currently in the weight management zone as I am between 100g-150g of carbs a day. If I do want to lean out just ditching 2 carb blocks a day would put me below 100g. However, although it's hard for me to do, I read a lot about eating all veggies and fruits makes it hard to eat too many carbs so WAM is something I wouldn't have to do. I don't know if I could handle that because of my type A personality but I'm trying!! It would be nice not to WAM anything...