View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 05:07 PM   #5
Ryan Whipple

Profile:
Re: How often to MEBB?

Frank: You know me so well! I'd never thought of myself as needing Ritalin, though I tend to always need SOMETHING to obsess over. I know I can't be good at everything right away, but the better I get the more I realize how much is left to do. (I thought I was pretty fit as a marathoner, CF changed that opinion and I've been scrambling to catch up ever since!)

I do appreciate the simplicity of your advice though. My SS cycle was my first experience of deliberately doing a program with certain goals in mind. The WOD is great GPP but in contrast to SS it now feels a little aimless (which, you might have noticed, kills me mentally!) However, I did sit down and write out my goals for the month. In my log (linked below) I posted my goals for December. I did well I think, setting out exactly what I want and how to get there. It's nice, because I get a lot of the things I want. I can do the extra ab and glute work (I think) I need, enjoy the fun of the WOD, and mix it up over Christmas when I'll be out of town.

I guess what I'm learning is that maybe moreso than other people, I need concrete goals to work towards or I start panicking. I am going to make a habit of monthly goals. Maybe in the future I will start setting longer-term goals, like 2-3 months.

Again, thanks for the advice. I need common sense pounded into me every once in a while!