View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 05:40 AM   #10
Trevor Ryan

Profile:
Re: Any vegan or vegetarian crossfit athletes out there???

Vegan here. I'd consider myself athletically advanced to the point of being one of the best in what I do with the people I've always done sports with (from competitively competing in organized sports such as wrestling, baseball, golf and also in backyard/pick up sport games). Once I got out of college I started to let it go and have not been in "compete" mode for a long time, but have lately started to get into crossfit and powerlifting. Now 31 years old and after taking a 8+ year break from lifting weights I started up again in July. My lifting numbers have been going up and up with PR's each week, and my crossfit total is around 670 lbs (I'm 150lbs and about 5'5"). I've been vegan for close to 2 years.

Normal day of eating:
Breakfast:
Water with squeezed fresh lemon (due to the great alkaline nature of it)
Two bananas, a few handfuls of walnuts, a few handfuls of raw spinach

Mid-morning:
A few cups of green tea

Lunch:
Huge salad with lots of lettuce (or kale, or spinach- any type of green leafy will do), celery, carrots, avocado, tomatoes, almonds. (no dressing, just eat it raw and natural)
Small cup of quinoa (sometimes have beans mixed in with the quinoa)

Afternoon Snack:
Green smoothie (with hemp powder, banana, and any type of green leaves)

Dinner:
A raw salad
Lightly steamed or stir-fried veggies (using low heat and extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil)
Small cup of sprouted beans (if not sprouted soaked at least 24 hours before cooking)
A few pieces of fruit with walnuts