View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 07:17 AM   #1
Mike Quon

Profile:
I've been reading this book for the past week or so after seeing it sitting at my Parent's house. It's interesting when the Author goes into details about effective exercise for fat loss and overall health and longevity. Throughout the entire book he refers to doing everything in a "hormonally correct" manner.

In regards to exercise, he talks about two types of intensity:

effort intensity: basically, how hard you push yourself.

relative intensity: basically, finding new modes of exercise that you are not accustomed to.

In a nutshell, both of these combined are referred to as anabolic intensity. As I read this, particularly the part about relative intensity it felt familiar to me for obvious reasons.

Now I'll be honest, I'm not really a Crossfitter per se, but this REALLY made me question my current training approach and the lack of variety. And while I don't specialize in any given sport my training is pretty much the same from day to day. I'm gonna make a conscious effort to mix things up more and not get stuck in any sort of "routine."

Anyways, I know this is an obvious post to most of the people here but whatever.