View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
Ben Wanagat

Profile:
New to CF - Birmingham, AL

Hello all, this is my first Post to the Forum. I have found so much great information here you all are great! I want to begin CF training, but I am unsure as to exactly where to start.
My info is 5'4", 167 lbs. I currently am only doing cardio about 3 times a week, my 5K time is a whooping 37 minutes and have been eating Paleo for about 9 months. I also frequently rock climb, mountain bike and swim with my kids. I am semi-familair with weight training exercises. My goal is to be able to wash my clothes on my abbs , actually just to be able to keep up with my kids and to keep them active, and to appreciate what I see in the mirror.
I have found that I'm best when following a routine where I can measure my progress and then once I've reached a certain level moving on to the next level up of work out routines. Unfortunately creating random workouts on my own doesnt suit me and I always feel did I do exercises to work the appropriate muscle groups and did I do enough. My motivation comes from my daughter laying her head on my stomach and then preceding to tell me that my belly was "squishy".
So I guess what I am asking is where can I find routines to follow from beginner to intermediate to advanced.