View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #1
Adam Curtis

Profile:
Exclamation HELP: Shoulder Injury while Deadlifting possible Labral Tear

Let me Start off and say I'm new to the discussion board, but not new to Crossfit.

A week ago I was doing heavy deads and I mixed my grip and pulled, but I think I either tried pulling the weight up with my arms, or my arms weren't locked out and my legs jerked them into it.... either way it hurt the back of my left shoulder(the left side was the forward/mixed side). The area is right behind my armpit... it's sore to the touch. I suspect a Labral tear...

I've been taking meloxicam and icing it but it still feels weird... when handling a steering wheel or just simple articulations...

Something interesting: While doing back squat(low-bar position) I had no pain while standing, but as soon as I got to 45 degrees and lower I felt immense pain directly in the spot of the injury... I know the bar is laying accross that area, but I didn't expect that.

Is there any chance that this is just a muscle injury? Can I just train with pain until I get the MRI, or should I avoid the pain and do circuit training If these symptoms sound familiar or if you've delt with this, then I would like some opinions.

I'm 25 yrs old btw... I consider myself fit.