Thread: tendonitis
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #6
Steven Low

Profile:
Re: tendonitis

Quote:
I think I hurt myself doing hang cleans this week. It actually got worse with yesterday's WOD when I cleaned the bar to rack position for PP's. Feels like tennis elbow pain. It's mostly lateral epicondylar or maybe capitellar pain with weakend grip especially upon flexion at ~90 degrees with weight (e.g. glass of water). Will follow advice in here.
This is classic pain which is caused by bending your arms too early in the 2nd pull.

Quote:
I'm also feeling right patellar pain TTT and when running. Pain is isolated on the patella's base supero-medio aspect. Pain subsides with rest but is easily re-aggravated.
Hmmm.. may be patellofemoral syndrome. Hard to tell b/c not enough info.

Your hamstrings weak compared to your quads too, yes?

Quote:
On top of that, my calves are really sore. Probably from trying to do POSE method. I recently switched from Nike Shox to Puma K-Streets. It's going to take time for me to get used to it. Now, I'm hobbling around my house like Ozzy Osbourne...
If you run heel-toe you're gonna have problems with the calves (from pushing off) and/or possibly shin splints as well (from preventing the foot from slapping the ground).

Try some barefoot jogging in a field... will help fix up your form real fast. DO NOT OVERDO POSE ESPECIALLY STARTING. Lots of technique work... no long runs until you have it down.