View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #66
William M Davison

Profile:
Re: Total Knee Repalcement

On Nov 20th I have a partial knee implant. My inner and middle compartments were replaced. about 14 days ago I had 300cc's of fluid drained off the joint that remained from surgery. My knee look normal and most of the pain subsided. When I went to start working out on a Aredyne the swelling returned, the pain is not as intense but appears to be slowly returning also. I am a full time police officer and have just returned to light duty, so the return of the pain and swelling is a bit disheartening. I have a Dr apt tomorrow to see what is next. I may have to retire from fully duty until I can run and fully preform my duties. I am afraid to run on the knee becasue if biking makes the joint swell I assume running will be worse. With the swelling come reduced range of motion in flexcion and extension. No easy fix here. I had the Conformis Iduo2 implant put in. Myself and another on this forum are wondering if we should have gone with the traditional full replacement. Wish all the best in your recoveries.