View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 06:34 AM   #6
Fred Paepke

Profile:
Re: Anyone familiar with "Muscle Gaining Secrets" by Jason Ferruggia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Bridges View Post
I just got any email of this guy's book. Sounds almost to good to be true. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this or read about it and if its worth anyones time.
Buy Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training by Rippetoe and Kilgore and you'll learn every secret that you'll need to know until you're an advanced lifter. I picked it up last fall and I expect that it'll be my most important strength building reference for the next decade, or two.

Two years ago, when I decided to get off the couch and eat better and exercise for the first time I got distracted by way too many high dollar e-books promising too much to be true. I wish that I had found CrossFit sooner and kept my money.

(Oh, and here's the secret that they won't tell you: you can find most of these electronic tomes on BitTorrent. If you find it and like it, then please reward the author by buying it. Some would question the ethics behind this advice, but I consider this the equivalent of browsing through the book in a bookstore to assess whether or not it's worth your purchase.)

-Fred.