View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 06:58 AM   #2
Amy Larson

Profile:
Re: CrossFit Mom Log

3/9/09
Clean and Jerk
35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65

First time doing this on my own with weight. A friend of mine is the track coach at the high school and he gave me a little Oly training session a few weeks ago. I've been practicing the Burgener warmup and progressions and decided it was time to go for it with a little weight. Felt pretty good, wish I had someone to check form.

3/10/09
Jackie
Row 1000
35# thruster x 20
20 pullups
8:28

Did the Brand X puppy scaling with a little heavier weight for the thruster, pullups were performed broken. I feel like I should have scaled this up to 30 thrusters. I had never done this workout so I scaled back for a baseline. This has been my approach to Crossfit; if I'm not sure, I scale back and go hard. 99% of the time it works out just perfect and I'm seeing gains. I can finally crank out 10 kipping pullups on a good day, and am feeling stronger every week.

At the end of today's workout I added presses: 5 x 35, 45, 50 and 65. I had a little time and haven't been doing any additional strength work lately focusing instead on the CFE workouts 2 x per week (so I'll have another workout to post later). I have a 1/2 marathon in approx 6 weeks so won't get too crazy with extra work, but would like to work on strength this summer.

Nutrition was Zone-perfect yesterday, the key is not skipping meals or snacks!

One of my boys has been sick, so it's time to be a mom and see how he is feeling this morning

Last edited by Amy Larson; 03-10-2009 at 07:00 AM..