View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 01:05 PM   #1
Dan Wolfe

Profile:  
Hello,

This is my first post. I am looking for help, suggestions and guidance. I am 43 years old, male and work 2 jobs. I have 2 children and one on the way. My day job is as an attorney. I work at night at the FedEx Hub in Indianapolis (for the health insurance). I work at the hub Monday through Friday from approx. 11:00 PM to 4:00 AM. I usually get to bed around 4:30 to 5:00 AM. I get up around 8:30 to 9:30AM to work at my office and usually work until 6:00PM. After that it is dinner, time with the kids and grab an hour to hour and a half of sleep.

I am struggling with balancing all of this against working out. My night job involves a lot of lifting but not much cardiovascular effort. I have accepted that this schedule precludes a "regular" workout routine. I have to be very careful not to push things too far or I pay a pretty heavy price in fatigue.

Any suggestions regarding a workout schedule during the week? How much is enough or too much given the schedule?

Any suggestions for the weekend since that is my main time to worhout? What would be an optimal way to utilize those days? Can I get by on weekend workouts alone with some brief weekday workouts to keep from backsliding?

Any ideas for a weekend program? Ideas for the weekday workouts?

I have tried to keep up with the WOD but after a few days the build up of fatigue from the workouts and limited sleep seems to demand time off.

Anyone out there have a similar schedule and how do you deal with it?

I have been doing this for about 3 years now. I watch my diet and take a lot of supplements which does seem to help keep up with the pace.

Thanks for your time and input.