View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
Stephanie Walters

Profile:

Mommy, I want a Crossfit log, too.

Er, alright. I've been at this for a few months already but it's time to actually start keeping track of my progress.

My stats: I'm 21, 5'7", 157lbs (I bring this up because I'm trying to shed some pounds) @ around 21.5-22% BF.

My goals are to achieve a 7:00-7:30m mile, bring the row time down to at least 1:50, work on getting more box jumps in, as well as work on more consecutive kips (although I haven't put any serious effort into getting many of them, I can do 6 consecutively before I start running into trouble).

Deadlift: 225lbs.
Back squat: 185lbs.
Front squat: 155lbs.
OHS: TBD.
Power clean: 135lbs.
C&J: TBD (probably around 115-125)
500m row: 2:00.

Anyways, my stamina is complete and utter ****. Horrendous. It's pathetic. Shameful. Etc. You get the idea.

As for my diet: I've been doing the 30-day Paleo challenge for the past 2 weeks. It's not strict Loren-style Paleo, I do eat bacon and fattier meats and probably don't get enough vegetables. Staples of my diet are: bacon, eggs, chicken breast, apples, grapes, and almond butter. I have an unhealthy preoccupation with almond butter and need to reduce my intake drastically. I honestly don't eat nearly enough protein so I've been fine-tuning the diet a beet, I'm going to be increasing the protein, getting more vegetables in, and replacing almond butter with applesauce (for the sake of reducing calories).

I go to an affiliate, have been at it about 5 months.

01/05/10:

"Century Thrusters"
100 Thrusters M95 W65
To begin the workout and at the top of every minute:
3 Burpees
3 Knees to Elbows

I went on what I thought was the very, very safe side, at 35lbs. It took me 18:00. Every second of that time was utterly vile, I wanted to walk out in the middle of it, and was actually pretty close to doing so. I scaled down by dropping the plates off of each side, leaving just the 16lb bar. The trainer told me those didn't count, there were no words for how furious I was at that moment. She was right, though, with that weight, I might as well have been using a PVC pipe. She actually told me that she thought I would be using 65lbs. No way. This is one of the worst experiences I've had in a long time.

Last edited by Stephanie Walters; 04-05-2010 at 07:43 AM..