View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 09:53 PM   #4
Jason H. Murray

Profile:  
Travis,

I have been living CrossFit now for three weeks. Before this I was doing isolated weight lifting as Eugene described for quite sometime. After doing the first week of CrossFit I totally abandoned the normal weight training I was doing. The first reason I did this was that I felt no satisfaction in doing it any more. My heart rate always stayed low, however I did break a sweat but I attribute that to working out in a gym in Iraq with no A/C. The second reason I abandoned my routine was cause it was just that, very routine and mundane. It wasn't exciting and occaisionally I would get bored and unmotivated. Now with CrossFit I am so excited to get in there and complete it as quick as I can for the timed sets or work on form and functionaltiy on the max effort days. I try to mix it up as much as possible. I follow the WOD pretty much as prescribed, but I throw in some extra stuff too when I can. I usually do three or four rounds of the CrossFit warmup before that. Plus, being in the Army I have normal PT. So my typical day of working out consists of Army PT usually in the morning, such as today a 4 mile run and then I do the WOD in the evenings. I am more than satisfied with the results and am definitely becoming a CorssFit junkie. Now if I can just get my wife to join the cult all will be well. Hehehehe.

-jason