View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 06:00 PM   #1
Travis Ransom

Profile:
Hello everyone! Was interduced to the program yesterday, did alot of reading on the site last night and here I am. I would like to give a little background on myself professionally and give a rundown of my workout and diet. I would like to hear what you all think about it and also answer a few other questions.

I've been a firefighter/paramedic for 12 years. I have always kept a fairly decent activity level(so I thought) but at the first of the year started to hit it fairly heavy for me. Since I work in inspections now in the fire service I work a regular four, 10hr work week (pensil pusher now). This has aloud me to change up my workouts and here is how I have been training.

Monday: Chest(pushing movements)/Bi's
Tuesday: Shoulders/Legs
Wensday: Back/Tri's
Thursday Chest(fly movements)/Bi's
Friday thru Sunday- Cardio/family activities
Every morning Monday thru Thursday 1 hour of cardio before breakfast. 0530-0630
Weight training from 1100-1230.

Diet wise, I eat pretty clean compared to most.
Breakfast
Bowl of Oatmeal
Smoothie 2 cups yogurt, 1 cup milk, banana, strawberries, protein powder

Lunch
Canned Tuna/Chicken
salad
Tortilla
Protein drink

Protein drinks for snacks also

Alright, now my quetions. Today, I scrapped my regular workout and met with "FRAN". I tell you what she kicked my butt. I completed it at around 10 minutes, don't know if thats good or not for my first crossfit workout. I wanted to go faster but them pull up slowed me down.

Any of you do more than just what the WOD is?

Should I keep my morning cardio in with this Crossfit workout?

With my schedule, what would be some good exercises to keep me going at home on the weekends without all the gym equipment?

I have been long winded enough. Any informations or comments would be greatly appreciated.

If it matters or helps my stats are as follows.
5'8"
170lbs
around 11%BF

Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to becoming a crossfit junkie!!!