View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
D'Anton Lynn

Profile:
Former Athlete considering crossfit

Hey I am a former athlete who is considering crossfit. I have always worked out with a sports team since I was in high school so I've never really worked out a gym and recently I became a member and I really don't like it very much. Some of my friends started crossfit to lose weight and they love it. I have been trying to read up and learn more about it but I had a few questions I was hoping I could get answered!

1. Will crossfit make me lose weight or change my physique? I am 6' 1", 210 pounds and around 8% body fat so I am really not looking to lose weight or transform my body. I am a little scared that once I start it will change the way my clothes fit from what I've read.

2. Is cardio incorporated in the workouts? That has been the hardest thing for me to do since I stopped playing is cardio because all my cardio before was sports specific.

3. How hard is it on your body? I've had some great strength coaches but crossfit is something that's going to be completely different and work new muscles. I love working out and getting my *** kicked in the weight room but at the same time I am not trying to put my body at risk for back injuries or anything like that.

Any feedback would be really appreciated... Thanks!