View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #238
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:
Re: Gillian Mounsey Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Pellegrini View Post
I skipped a few pages so sorry if this became irrelevant. Everyone keeps saying this and that about rhabdo, muscle and tendon tears etc caused by Crossfit. But unfortunately, whether you like it or not, most of us don't know squat. No one on this thread produced concrete data about Crossfit and injuries (again I skipped a page or two so if someone did please correct me). Just pointing to the injury thread is not enough. A good starting point would be to go through each thread post see what the injury is, the severity of the injury, where the injury occurred, and what could have caused it. Some factors to consider are programming, coaching, diet and nutrition, regular activities and daily habits, and general lifestyle.

Anyone feel up to the task?
That would be a job for CFHQ, if they cared.

Posts on a message board are merely anecdotal evidence, because you don't have any way to verify the diagnosis, you don't have a count for the number of people who got injured and didn't post, and you don't have any data on the number of people who didn't get injured. Gathering all that information would be a major research project, and is unlikely to happen without funding.

There's also been at least one thread on a different forum that simply counted all the times the word "rhabdo" occurred, even though many (like your post and this one) had nothing to do with an actual rhabdo incident.

Katherine