View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 06:41 AM   #230
Struan Potter

Profile:
Re: Gillian Mounsey Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Pellegrini View Post
I skipped a few pages so sorry if this became irrelevant. Everyone keeps saying this and that about rhabdo, muscle and tendon tears etc caused by Crossfit. But unfortunately, whether you like it or not, most of us don't know squat. No one on this thread produced concrete data about Crossfit and injuries (again I skipped a page or two so if someone did please correct me). Just pointing to the injury thread is not enough. A good starting point would be to go through each thread post see what the injury is, the severity of the injury, where the injury occurred, and what could have caused it. Some factors to consider are programming, coaching, diet and nutrition, regular activities and daily habits, and general lifestyle.

Anyone feel up to the task?

Also comparing competitive Crossfit to other sports is like comparing apples to oranges. I keep reading in this thread about the rate of injuries in Crossfit vs the rate of injuries in other sports/fitness programs but I have yet to see one factual numerical rate. I certainly don't know and I don't pretend to know.
Have a read if you have some time to kill

I haven't read it for a few weeks, but the guy's counted around 200 cases of rhabdo.