View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 03:09 AM   #3
Kyle Myrick

Profile:
Re: Cholesterol, Nuts, Fruits, and Autoimmune diseases

from Robb Wolf's blog
Emerging research has made clear the link between Neolithic foods (grains, legumes and dairy) and autoimmune diseases such as Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis and a host of other less well know conditions. Many people have found significant improvements in autoimmune disease by eliminating the Neolithic foods and building a diet around nutritious Paleo options. If you suffer from an autoimmune disease we highly recommend you start a Paleo diet and let us know what your results are. To give your body its best chance to heal we recommend that you initially limit the following foods:

•Eggs
•Tomatoes & eggplants
•Peppers including bell peppers and hot peppers
•Spices such as curries, paprika, and chili powder.

Some of these otherwise Paleo-friendly foods have been shown to be problematic in individuals with autoimmune issues. We recommend you fully remove not only these foods but also all Neolithic foods (grains, breads, potatoes, beans and dairy) for at least a month to see if they pose a problem for you.
Nothing in there about fruits or nuts. I just started Paleo myself on Monday so I'm not an expert at it.