View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #12
Brad Davis

Profile:
Re: Shoulder Impingement

Quick tack-on question. Sorry, it's been done once in this thread and I can't resist the temptation, LOL.

I'm wondering if I have impingement also. If I put my left arm forward, bend my elbow so that my finger is pointing up, then internally rotate, I can feel some pain (3-4 on a scale of 1-10) near my max ROM, which is same both arms, probably 30 deg below horiz. It's about under my posterior deltoid head when in the rotated position. Also, if I put my arm down to my side, internally rotate to max ROM, and then raise my arm forward like a front DB raise, I feel pain in the same place when my arm gets to about horizontal. During exercise, feel no pain during pullups or chinups, little or no pain during presses, 3-4 scale pain during bench press warmups, then nothing on the heavier sets.

This started about 2 months ago. I had just done a workout with bench, dips, and pullups. Felt fine. Went to my car and the one next to it was jammed in tight. I didn't think about what I was doing and wedged myself in there and externally rotated my left arm to get the key in the door. Felt a quick and sharp pain in the same area mentioned above. It hasn't improved in 2 months. Might be degrading ever so slowly. Dropped dips a month or so ago. Dropped bench 2 weeks ago until the problem is resolved. Currently am just doing very light presses like the Starr Rehab plan, and ice.

Sound like impingement? Something else?

Advice appreciated as always.
DBD

Last edited by Brad Davis; 03-11-2010 at 12:38 PM..