View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 11:14 AM   #13
Peter Queen

Profile:
Good luck with the MC marathon John. That is one marathon that I am very seriously contemplating about doing sometime in the next several years. At this particular time in my life I can’t really train for it due to various commitments, but it is starting to look real possible for me to do so sometime in the next several years of the “not too distant future”. Being from DC originally, I never got around to running that one but I have run several marathons while living here in the Midwest. Now I am looking at the MC marathon as the one that got away. Besides, it would be nice to do one in my former hometown.

Anyway, I know that running marathons will greatly reduce the muscle weight and overall fitness appearance of a true CF body, however, it is not something that I feel will harm me greatly. Since I have started CF I have found that my overall stamina, strength and discipline have improved greatly. It gives me a good overall fitness/strength base for which to launch other training disciplines from, even running. I can still kick out a 3 to 5 mile run and then do 20 to 30 minutes of CF on any given day. Of course, I’m pretty useless for the rest of the day,:blush: but it is nice to know that I can do that every now and then during this non-marathon training period of my life. Besides, you are not always training for a marathon 24/7 365 days a year. So doing your off period there is no reason why you can’t go back to CF training if you choose to.