View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 08:07 PM   #1
Leanne Seckinger

Profile:  
Nicole, Beth, anyone!

I've been doing the Zone diet 2 months, and have recently been having "crashes" about 1 1/2-3 hours following my meals. I've been doing the 4 block plan primarily because I'm 21 weeks pregnant as well and figured I needed the extra protein. I've scaled down Crossfit workouts but have been keeping my HR<160.

Here's what I've been eating for the past few days...I really want the Zone to work for me, but I'm not sure what I'm truly lacking.

Breakfast: 1/3c oatmeal w/ 1tsp of macadamia nut oil, 2 eggs + 2 egg whites scrambled
mid a.m. snack: 1/2c cottage cheese lowfat with 1/2c pineapple, 10 walnuts
Lunch: 4oz lean turkey, 1/2c beans, 1/2c grapes, 7 raw almonds
p.m. snack 1-2 hardboiled eggs with yolk removed with 1 tbsp hummus per egg, 5 almonds

Dinner usually includes either: 4oz chicken, fish or steak, an assortment of califlower, broccoli, or asparagus, 1/2c kidney beans/black beans.

I work in a hospital and see patients every hour, and sometimes just can't get back to my desk for my snack breaks between meals. Does anyone have any suggestions on changing the ratio of my meals to make up for missed snack breaks. I've had the crashes with the snacks, so I'm not sure if its the food choices or if its just the pregnancy thing.

Thanks,
Leanne