View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
Nic Kirkland

Profile:
Re: Just finished the Crossfit intro this week...a little nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taide Baez View Post
Hello everyone! I just joined Crossfit this week at a box near my house. We needed to complete a week of the intro stuff and we start the "real deal" on Monday. This week, we did (2) 4 minute drills - push-ups, burpies, jerks, bf situps, etc. It was doable but I stayed and watched another "real" class and it looked insane. Needless to say, I'm now intimidated. I am not an athlete. I have worked out on/off for the last 12 years. I'm 30 years young. I'll always get into my workouts for a few months or a year and then get bored and not do anything for another few months. I joined crossfit because I heard that it's always something different and the camaraderie keeps you motivated. But after seeing what the regular classes do, I'm nervous. I'm not overweight but wouldn't mind losing a few pounds but more than anything I want to get strong and toned. Any words of encouragement for a newbie?

Everyone starts somewhere. Most of those people in the "real" class started at the same place you are: deconditioned and nervous about it. Just like anything else, the more you put into it, the more you'll get out of it. Have your trainer help you in cleaning up your diet. Make some friends with the folks you workout with, don't be shy! I guarantee if you honestly commit yourself to the program you will see results and impress yourself over time.