Thread: Heavyweights...
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 02:25 PM   #7
Jordan Higgins

Profile:
Re: Heavyweights...

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Hansen View Post
So in the past 24 months, I have competed in 11 competitions and its been the same thing I am usually anywhere from 50-70 lbs heavier than the majority of competitors. I am a 6 foot 3 - 285lb former college lineman and heavyweight wrestler with a 19% BF ratio now. So no matter how much I try to lose, I am just a big guy and won't ever be close to 200lbs like the majority of competitive crossfitters.

I travel alot for my work with Wounded Veterans and nearly every box I drop in at there are several bigger guys who are strong but they know that no matter what they are not gonna be able to do pull ups/rope climbs/gymnastic stuff like the smaller guys.

Is there was a competition for heavyweights (guys over 220lbs), heavier weights on the lifts, more strong man stuff, or doing things like burpees or toes to bar and instead of trying to keep pace with a 5' 5" 165 lb person - you are matching someone your size?

If there isn't one, do you think that there would be a market for one?

You are a big guy who should control to get in shape and hopefully keep your heavy lifts and you will definitely win some events and hopefully come in good place on other events for an overall win.
Like a few games competitors came in the top 10 overall in the world and didn't win any events at all. they were consistent across the board. You can win some events and try to get avg on some of the events that favor a smaller competitor.