View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
Tyler Brown

Profile:
Tyler Brown Strength, Endurance, and Power Training

Fitness became a passion of mine in my sophomore year of high school, and I became a high school athlete in soccer, basketball, and track. I started out an Exercise Physiology major at college, but I got distracted for a couple years by an adventure in the foreign currency trading market. Now, I'm coming back to Exercise Physiology.

For quite some time, I was far too focused on bodybuilding types of workouts to appreciate the plethora of other avenues to gain greater strength, endurance, and power. Well, that time has ended and a new journey has begun. I'm looking to become an all-around athlete. Somebody that can set a bench press record in his weight class one day, then go out and win a 5k run the next day.... and then to figure out how all of that applies to the average Joe who just wants to lose 20lbs.

While the exhilaration of competition has always been something of an addiction for me, my larger goals are far beyond that. There is an incredible obesity/cardiovascular disease/diabetes epidemic rushing through our culture. I view this as almost entirely preventable. Consequently, my aim is to prevent it and provide others with a higher quality of life (one that doesn't involve downing handfuls of meds, feeling like crap, and frequent doctor visits).

Oh yeah, and I was 210 pounds January 2010. I'm now sitting at 160 pounds December 2010. 50 pounds lost over a slow, planned-out program. Dropping or gaining weight is simple. Follow along, and I'll show you how.