View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #6
Derek Maffett

Profile:
Re: Website

May be relevant.

FAQ
Quote:
9.8. If I purchased a URL does this mean I own that name?

You may own the domain, but the use of "CrossFit" in your domain is unlicensed and illegal, and we can legally force you to give it up. CrossFit Inc only acknowledges the URL of the name that you have licensed from us. If you own a URL containing a CrossFit name for which you have not been granted a license, it is useless to you. We seriously frown on folks "land grabbing" more names than the the one associated with their specific affiliate and doing so may affect your acceptance into our program.
Quote:
9.17. If I do not want to affiliate but I am a certified CrossFit trainer, how can I use the name legally?

You can call yourself a CrossFit-certified trainer and verbally say you use CrossFit methods. You cannot use the CrossFit name, slogans, art work or photos in any business or promotional way unless you affiliate. This includes business cards and web sites. Affiliation gives you the legal right to use the CrossFit name for business and/or promotional purposes.
But these seem to imply a business or affiliate whereas you have neither. You should ask HQ just to be sure.