View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #21
Christina Daley

Profile:
Re: Has anyone lost a significant amount of weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn M Smith View Post
I started doing CrossFit in January of this year at 5'10", ~220# and ~30% BF. I do not follow strict paleo, but I do eat clean (my primary non-paleo offenders are beans, oatmeal and yogurt).

As of this morning, I weigh 194# and am at about 16% BF. (If you do the math, you'll realize I lost about 25#, but also gained about 9# of lean muscle mass.)

Also just this morning, the following happened:

-I set a 5K PR (25:10) on a hilly course by nearly 5 minutes

-After the run I completed an unscaled Fran in 8:34 after being unable to do one single unassisted pullup or one 95# thruster in January

-I went to Banana Republic to buy clothes for a wedding next weekend and bought pants that were three sizes smaller than I used to wear and learned that I now wear medium (M!) shirts after previously being comfortable in XLs.

And that was just today... Everyday I find that I've made some new improvement in some category and that's the beauty of CrossFit. There are so many aspects that you can improve. I'm not trying to brag at all, but I do think it's important to realize that it's not just about your weight. Yes, you'll lose weight, but you'll get healthier, stronger, faster and happier as other side effects.

Stick with the program and don't beat yourself up when you make a mis-step or have a brownie or whatever. Just get back on the horse and resolve to do a little bit better each day and seriously before you know it, you'll be a whole new you.

Good luck in your journey!
That is awesome, great job! Thanks for sharing with me. And medium banana republic is pretty damn good.