View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 12:14 PM   #25
Gary Maholm

Profile:
Re: Arden Cogar on TV?

I'm so glad that i found this thread. When i first joined this forum I remember seeing a post by you, Arden, and thinking..."man that name sounds familiar..."

I pondered it a second and moved along without noticing your avatar. Its kind of small on my screen cause i crank up the res.

So then i was driving home thinking about how i was going to build my platform after perusing a couple threads; one being yours i believe about a 12' platform with cage. It hit me. Is that the guy i used to watch in the lumber jack stuff years ago? Then i found this thread.

I used to watch a long time ago when you and your dad were competing in the same event. I would catch the timber sports occasionally on espn and just thought it was cool as hell. I remember Jason Wynward (sp?) because he seemed to perform well, ALWAYS. And i remember you and your dad because I thought it was awesome that you guys had something competitive to work together on.

I'm 37 and i coulnt tell you when it was but its been quite a while. Seems like i was in my late teens but it could have been a little later. I had a few years of blur in there

I had two events that i loved to watch. The springboard thing. I was always affraid someone would lose grip and an axe would fly out into crowd SERIOUS chopping!

Also, the one where you stand on a log and chop downward between the feet. Always made me nervous. you guys just swing sooooo hard.

Anyway, good to see that you are still competing. I'll be watching for you.