View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
Russell D Wells

Profile:
For the nutrition gurus and supliment people

This is a long winded post, so I apologize on the up front.

My Goal: Now that I have lost a lot of the fat I used to carry, I want to know how to get stronger, and more cut, without blowing/bulking up.

Ok;

My wife and I have been CFing since Feb of this year. We go 5 days a week. I am 6' tall, and when I started, I weighed 180#'s. We did the Whole9 30 day challenge from mid-April to mid-May. When it was all said and done, I had lost 20#s'. This includes what I had lost prior to starting the 30 day challenge.

My profile picture was taken on Fathers day of this year.

I do not measure portions, I could not even begin to tell you how many calories I take in in a day, my weight right now fluctuates between 160-165. I have NO idea what my %BF is.

I eat until I am satisfied, and I stop. I have noticed that I am eating more than I used to when I eat. I am not hungry all the time now like I was when I was on the 30 day challenge.

I have pretty much weaned myself off of processed sugar. I don't eat candy bars, chew gum, no cakes, no ice cream, no cookies, none of that junk.

Anyway, I have added a few things back into my diet, such as:

Rice maybe once or twice a week.

Beer 3-4 times a week. (6-pack a week/ week and a half)

Ezekiel Bread (2 slices) 3-4 times a week.

Honey (maybe 1 tablespoon) 3-4 times a week.

Sun Butter (1.5 Tablespoons) 3-4 times a week.

Larabars (1 a day) 3-4 time a week. (substitute for sweets)

3-4(1 a day) 8.oz glass of skim milk a week.

Other than the above, I eat pretty much the same as I did on the Whole9.

My breakfasts are my post workout meal, and they consist of:

Honey,Ezekiel Bread, Sun Butter, eggs, spinach,red onion, turkey sausage, and coffee.

I switch between that above and Mel's favorite Chili over a sweet potato with a couple of eggs with spinach, red onion, coffee.

I don't eat a lot of fruit, but when I do it is either a Banana, or Apple.

My lunches during the week vary from stuff I bring from home(Clean), to eating out as clean as I can .

My Dinners are mostly eaten at home (Clean) with the occasional dinner out, where I still eat as clean as possible (With the exception of a beer or margarita).

I do drink a lot of water, probably a gallon and a half a day.

I keep reading here that you guys use Whey Protein, Fish oil, vitamins, as well as Creatine, Glutamine and other things to build muscle, and improve recovery. I have always wanted to stay lean, and I fear that if I start adding some of the things that you guys call out, that I am going to balloon.

How do I need to go about adding these supplements correctly.