View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
Jonathan Vechet

Profile:
Re: Can't Lose Belly Fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Cassel View Post
All -

I've been doing Crossfit now for quite a few years and I've been unable to get my body to look totally lean. I'm 29 years old, 6'0", 170 pounds. I workout 3-5 times per week, depending on my work schedule, but most of the times it's five times.

A typical day for me diet-wise would be oatmeal and a protein shake after my morning workout; either a turkey sandwich with cashews and an apple, or tuna with cashews and an apple for lunch; and, some type of meat and vegetable for dinner.

I usually drink on the weekends, but I've been trying to cut back the amount, but haven't noticed a real difference with how this has affected me.

I have pretty well defined upper abdominals, but I still carry a bit of a spare tire and my pecs aren't as tight as would like them.

Does anyone have any advice? Am I eating wrong? Do I need to eat more? I feel like there are a lot of other Crossfitters out there that look better than I do, and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.
You're not eating enough. Eat more fat. And while you're at it, eat more of everything else. If you see food, destroy it with your facehole.

You're an inch taller and over 20lbs lighter than me, and I was recently called skinny.

Being lean is not always synonymous with looking better; even though looking better is always subjective.