View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 05:42 AM   #22
Angelina Kelly

Profile:
Re: Glen Becks $9 online university 9 classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Ashley View Post
I'm a skydiver. About 50% of the time when someone gets hurt at a dropzone, the news van gets there before the ambulance... not joking.

Watched way too many news stories about way too many incidents, and almost always am appalled at the result... always sensationalized, usually not even factual.

What bugs me is most people still believe the news story over me in those instances.... "but the news said..." DUDE... IT HAPPENED 10 FEET FROM ME! "yeah, but the news said... but, but..."

My Fox news story is that we used to have a TV at work that played the news and people would watch at lunch. Well it was 99% of the time turned to Fox news. The Fox news anchor was interviewing someone about an incident and actually told the person they were interviewing that they were wrong about the incident. The person ended up saying something like "I was there, I saw it, you weren't". I think at that point they went to commercial break or something. Before that point, I've never seen a news anchor say anything like that. I always thought they were supposed to be 'impartial' and all that.