View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 12:35 PM   #42
Jeff Feld-Gore

Profile:
Re: Let's revamp the CF Warmup

Wow, this is a really interesting conversation. I have not really posted much in the two years I have been doing Crossfit. I have never really understood the concept of a warm up until it was explained here.

That being said, it took me about 6 months to realize that Crossfit had a recommended warm up let alone that people did a warm up. I was attracted to Crossfit because of its variety of different WOD. I have always gotten bored with working out in the past and loved the variety so it is strange to me that I would start the WOD with the same standard set of exercises. I have tried it for a period of time but 1) got bored with it and 2) didn't notice any real benefit in times/distance/weight during the WOD.

Maybe I have also gone too far in embracing the idea that Crossfit gets you ready for doing anything in "real" life i.e. mugging, carrying large/weird objects. What are we going to do, say "Stop, I need to warm up first"? I am also not doing this to break records or become the best Crossfitter ever but my times are respectable. I also have a limitted amount of time to work out everyday and that is why I love Crossfit is that it is intense but also very short.

Everyday I wake up at 5:30am get dressed, look at today's WOD, sit down and meditate for 10-15 minutes, set up the WOD, do it, then do chores all by 6:30am before everyone else wakes up.

I intellectually understand the need to do the warm up but just don't have the time or desire to tie myself to it.

My two sense.

JFG