View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #108
Christie Warner

Profile:
Re: Rhabdo... 4 days after Rhabdo. URGENT

WOW - it's called dark humor. Think someone mentioned it a few pages ago, though they mentioned it was just akin to law enforcement. Funny, I was raised by a cop, so maybe it is just a law enforcement thing.

Anyways...

Well, I'm someone who told her trainer "no" when asked to do an exercise post c-section that I didn't feel physically capable of doing at the time. I know my body and I didn't want to get hurt. Ironically, I began doing GHD sit ups for the first time in my life 5 weeks post c-section, so that was not the exercise I said no to. Was I stupid about it? NO. Sure, I was strong before getting pregnant, but still. There is a risk in ANYTHING you do. GHD sit ups are not the devil people make them out to be IMO. In fact, they helped stretch out my scar tissue! :-) And, for the record, I don't train at a box.

If I were that hypothetical newbie, I'd have asked the trainer to just punch me in the face repeatedly for 10 minutes instead. Then, I would have asked for my money back and left. But, maybe I was raised to possess a different mindset than most? I do not believe in being a victim, see. And I also analyze and question everything.

Just do your research people. Take up some responsibility as well. But are there stupid trainers out there? Hell yes and some are reckless.

Last edited by Christie Warner; 01-05-2011 at 09:02 PM..