View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 09:52 AM   #1
Chris Richards

Profile:
You Are an Ironman

So, this past Sunday I completed my first Ironman distance triathlon. For those of you who don't know what that consists of, it's a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and a 26.2 mile run. That's a lot of Murph's!

What does this have to do with CrossFit? Well, I discovered CrossFit last fall and fell in love immediately. My triathlon specific training was actually much lower this season than normal, but I supplemented it with scaled or modified CrossFit workouts throughout the season. The result - I PR'd in every race I did this year and I finished an Ironman in 12:23.

I'm pretty happy and I wanted to say thanks to the people on the board here. You don't know it, but you've helped out a lot. There is so much information on this board and on the site in general that is incredibly valuable, even outside of its application to CrossFit.

I'm looking forward to some rest and recovery time and then getting back into the WOD's during the fall and winter. If you're interested, here's a link to my experience: http://blog.jesterdirect.com (W/F/S)