Re: Parking Issue
Some options might include;
1. Seek a waiver. Inform the County that as a fitness facility, most of your members will walk, run or bike to the gym. Offer to place a bike rack. L.A., like other CA counties, is supposed to be encouraging transit first policy, and by requiring a minimum number of parking spaces, the County is only encouraging more driving.
2. Inform the County that your gym will offering mostly small classes ("personal training") so 6 spots will never be needed.
3. Point out available street parking.
4. If another business in the building or nearby has different peak hours, see if you can share the allocated parking spaces on the basis that you'll never exceed capacity.
5. Worst case, offer to rent nearby parking spaces to meet the 6.