View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
Scott Robertson

Profile:
I just set up my new GHD machine and am anxious to get started. I have never used one before and want to make sure my technique is correct.

Back Extensions - I have found several sites that show individuals doing back extensions until their bodies are almost perpendicular to the ground. They bend their knees and are almost straight up. This seems to be the consistent range of motion. Has anybody tried this movement? Is there a reason that the Crossfit videos only show a range of motion to parallel with the ground with no bend in the knees?

Sit-up: I've watched the Crossfit videos on technique. Am I to understand that as someone new to the GHD machine I should stop my backward range of motion when I am parallel with the floor and not extend further until I have built up the required muscle/strength for this movement.

Is there any guidance in how high/low the feet should be in relation to the hips when doing these movements? I have a range of motion on my machine of about 1 foot for the feet. I'm sure there is a setting that I should be aiming for.

Thanks