View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 01:20 AM   #17
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Well today is our 2nd anniversary together ... No not being married or anything we have been together 25years, married for 15 it's our 2nd anniversary of working out together

The reason we knew it was 2yrs is the fact that her membership needed to be renewed.

I started her off on the basics with the barbells and we gradually moved on to more and more complicated movements and after 6 months we moved over to CF. I started to look into CF some time before but I never really understood it but after a while I got the concept and that was it we were hooked.

My wife never actually thinks she has gotten any better or can lift allot but compared to the first time she has come a long way... from a barbell 20kgs to 80kg deadlift, 40kg C&J, 50kg front squat, 60 squat and just in the bench press when she had problems keeping the bar steady she can whip out sets of 10reps with 35kgs no problem. At last she has accepted the fact that she is actually quite good for being 46yrs old.

We hit our globo at 06.00, 4 times a week, even though she is tired and sometimes grumpy (not often) she gets up gets ready. Once we hit the gym she is on the go and starts to lighten up... a real trooper when she knows she would like to sleep another hour but gets up and just does it. Its easy for anyone to make an excuse or give up before they have even started rather than push through it.... that's the hardest part and she can now see and feel the difference.

So we are looking forward to the next 2 years as well.

"Bring it on" she says "bring it on"

Last edited by Alex Burden : 03-05-2015 at 01:42 AM.