View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
Daniel Yeh

Profile:
Re: Nutrition Critique

Hey Luke,

I highly recommend this article that should give you a background on food and nutrition.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/55...d-muscle-gain/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Norian View Post
I believe that I eat generally healthy but, being a fitness/health enthusiast, I try to always improve myself. It's for this reason that I was looking to get some helpful critiques on my current eating routine. I'm a 22 year old college student who has been doing CrossFit for about 3 years on and off. Studies sometimes take precedent but, for the large majority of the time, I'm consistently training. Some background information: I attend university/live in Rome, Italy. I'm 5 feet 8 inches tall, 170 pounds. Generally speaking, I'm an above average CrossFitter who can do MU's, handstand holds, oly lifts, etc. relatively efficiently (there's always more to work on and some areas that I admittedly suck at but this is just to give an idea of my general fitness level).

My general eating routine while in Rome is the following...

- Breakfast: basic whole grain cereal, reduced fat milk, fruit (varying by usually either berries, kiwi, banana, etc.), cup of caffè (espresso)

- Lunch: large salad with lots stuff (lettuce, tuna, olives, mushrooms, tomatoes, corn, whole grain croutons (limited), mozzarella balls (limited), olive oil, balsamic vinegar

- Snack: Banana or piece of fruit OR 1 scoop organic peanut butter, cup of caffè (espresso)

- Dinner: varying but generally a cooked meat chopped up, cooked vegetables, often with avocado because I'm addicted to them (made into a sort of stew with olive oil and balsamic vinegar)

- Post-workout: 1 scoop basic ON protein with water, fruit (only take shake after a training session, otherwise excluded)

- Late-night hunger: 1 scoop organic peanut butter (late night hunger strikes me about 3 times a week on average and this delicious gift from god makes it shut up quite quickly)

Thank you!! I generally have a small cheat meal or two every week (pizza from local pizzeria or pasta from restaurant). I know people often turn their cheat meals into excuses to stuff their faces like never before (I've done this in the past as well) but in recent years I've tried to limit them to satisfying meals that don't make me feel like a slob afterward. Of coarse, there are times when I throw this rule of mine out the window as well, haha...