View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 10:43 PM   #157
Lynne Lagan

Profile:
Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

I have been lurking on this thread for a while, and it has inspired me to experiement with the no grains/no sugar and do some reading on the whole paleo thing. I've been doing CF for a while, but only recently started reading the forums, and paleo is a concept I was unfamiliar with until I stumbled onto this thread and another with a link to Marks Daily Apple (which I am really enjoying reading). Haven't come across much press in Australia on the paleo concept.

I am now on day 6 of zero grains and zero sugar and I feel fantastic. I was not a massive carb and sugar junkie before trying to give it up completely, but did have whole grains of some description with every single meal or snack. However, I didn't have any cravings or energy drop when I gave it up, and I am surprised that I don't miss them as part of my meals. I feel it has also enabled me to kick my training up a notch. I am not in the habit of weighing myself, but definately feel I have shrunk somewhat in the last week.

This is definately something I want to commit to doing on a permanent basis and it certainly isn't as hard as I thought it would be. The main challenge for me is going to be the business travel thing. I travel a lot around Australia as part of my job, and mostly in rural areas with very limited food options. I have a trip in outback Western Australia next week which will be the real test - I am stocking up on my nuts and biltong and we shall see how it goes!

Congrats to all of those who have achieved such success so far!