View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 07:55 AM   #7
Arturo Garcia

Profile:
Re: My 28 day challenge.

August 14th:

Friday. Always a challenge, fridays are always challenging as it's the night I go out with my wife, usually, to eat out and hang out with another couple or whatever. The day went like this:

3 eggs, bacon, celery.

Chicken thigs, about 4, small bastards. Broccoli, sauteed in ghee, garlic clove. A little bit of avocado. Green tea.

Pecans, maybe 2oz.

Half cucumber, half orange, 1/4 banana, and about 3 or 4 strawberries in the blender.

Pak Choi, tons of it, with olive oil, andhovies, a bit of balsamic vinegar.. this was about an hour before going out, so I wouldn't go on an empty stomach and starving.

We went out with another couple and went to two places.

1) In place one I ordered a "ceviche" as a starter, of a fish called "mero" in spanish. It's like a fish with lemon/vinegar, over a leaf of lettuce. Pretty good so far. My plate was a grilled salmon with grilled veggies (some pepper, eggplant and zucchini, but very little of it all). We gulped down a bottle of red wine between 3 of us, so lets say I had 1/3 bottle. However....

2) In place 2 some of us got hungry, I saw another cheap fish and ordered it. This one is called "chillo" and again it was grilled, this time with what seemed like steamed veggies, some broccoli, cauliflower and a bit of carrot, I ate everything. The bad thing is that we finished another bottle of wine. Lets say I had, again 1/3 of the bottle. My wife is pregnant so she's not drinking more than a zip.

It was a great night, we had a lot of laughs, etc. And I'm actually quite pleased. These friday nights are my biggest challenges and I kindof expected to go a bit too far with the alcohol, but was hoping that once the alcohol reached my head (heh) I wouldn't go crazy and start searching for sweet stuff. Eating all that fish with veggies was very fine. Heck, I even asked them not to use some dressing that came with the salmon from the first place, heh.

So in conclusion, if all my friday nights were like this, it's great. Usually I would have some beers, or other sweet drinks including khalua or something, which would then lead to me eating some sort of sugar-filled dessert or whatever, and I'd go on a binge so bad that after getting home I'd still be looking for cookies or whatever sweet stuff I could find. So it was a nice friday which means I'm still on track.