View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #14
Omar Mendoza

Profile:
Re: Dumped a Squat Clean in a Globo Gym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
Volume and skill level of the stuff mostly. I know we say that CrossFit is infinitely scalable, but the way I see it Outlaw is one of those programs you should follow as written or not at all, just because of the complexity of the program. Again, my opinion and others may differ.

The other thing is, a lot of the weightlifting drills they do arent going to do much for an athlete unless 1. You have a solid grasp of the lifts and the mechanics thereof, or 2. You have a coach who knows these things well and can fix issues in real time.

Seriously, if you really want to focus on weightlifting and really be a good lifter, I would recommend finding a good coach and taking a little time with them. I started with an actual weightlifting team a couple monts ago and I have to say its probably the best CrossFit related decision I have made.

Yeah... when I first started crossfit I was all amped up and ready to work my *** off, now I'm realizing it's going to take a more... intelligent approach, as in receiving some coaching and finding a place where I can focus more on weightlifting.

What's your stance on paid digital coaching? If it's within my budget and I can find a good coach in my area, I will try to do that, but if not, I may need to consider a digital coach.

Thanks.