View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 08:52 AM   #1
Miles Roberts

Profile:
Suggestion for beginner footwear.

Get some nanos. Or something similar. I've been going almost 3 months now. I've been wearing my Nike Free 5.0s. I felt they were fine, and didn't have much reason to shop for anything else. I've always been a believer that the best gear doesn't make for the best athletes, and that a lot of it is hype. I've found the exception here. I noticed the tips of the toes of my running shoes were starting to wear. Probably from burpees and pushups. I finally talked myself into getting some nano 3.0s. I've only done a few workouts with them, but there is a night and day difference for me.

I was worried about the lack of cushioning compared to running shoes. They're fine. I've done box jumps, jump rope, lateral over-the-bar jumps, jumping jacks, burpees - all movements where some cushioning is nice, and they were fine. The huge advantage is during heavy stuff. I feel 100% more planted and balanced than I did in my running shoes. Yesterday's WOD had a ton of cleans. They, and I'm not joking, felt incredibly easy compared to even a week ago.

Your mileage may vary, but I was so impressed, I had to share.

And maybe this should have gone in the 'equipment' forum, but I wanted beginners to see this.