View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 07:18 PM   #1
Misael Lopez

Profile:
Hello Crossfit,

This CF newbie and first time poster is looking for advice on an O-bar and B-plates. I've flipped through pretty much all the Equipment archives and while I've learned a good bit about the options out there and what not to get, I still have some questions.

I think getting a Chapman bar ($430) would be a good first step, it seems this is a very solid bar that would only be incrementally improved on by paying up to twice as much. Unless, of course, someone can build a good case for upgrading to Eleiko or some other bar? Would I notice the difference? To my mind, the bar is important enough not to skimp if you don't have to, but I don't want to throw money away.

The one thing I'm certain about bumper plates is I don't want to pay for a full set of Eleiko's.

For context, at 5'7" and 150 lbs I used to squat 450 lbs for reps, bench 250 lbs, and rip out 35 pullups (I've only recently learned about kipping). That was a little while ago and I never trained on olympic lifts back then, but I think I'll be able to get back in that vicinity once again (on certain lifts).

That being said, I'm looking to get around 200kg of bumper plates, so cost is going to start raising it's head. The budget is not unlimited, but I have some room to manuever.

Can you guys help point me in the right direction?