View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 08:52 PM   #6
Eric Godfrey

Profile:  
I suffered from such severe tendonitis that it was misdiagnosed for a more severe injury. I messed up mine from walking up and down the Mountains of Fort Huachuca with an 80-lb boulder on my shoulder, BJJ, and too much squatting and deadlifting. I was prescribed the same stretching and strengthening routine. It didn’t work at all.

I hobbled around for 6 months until a friend recommended me to a physical therapist. The physical therapist taught me about an “Aggressive Ice Massage”, where you freeze a Styrofoam cup of water, or a bottle of water, and then aggressively massage the tendon using an increased amount of force. I froze a bottle, rubbed the life out of my patellas and… The next day I was 90% cured. I was soon able to run again, and today I have ZERO patellar tendon pain. I also still use the technique when ever I feel any knee pain, and so far my run times are finally getting back to pre-injury stage.

James,

My tendon problems were also very high on the patella. The agressive Ice worked magic. I'm not a doctor and I don't know if rubbing hard on an injured tendon with ice has any draw backs, but I swear by it.

-Eric

(Message edited by eric_g on May 09, 2006)