View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 12:21 PM   #8
Darryl Shaw

Profile:
Re: Time to jump off that gluten free train...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare Vodusek View Post
Things you described can also be improved via ketogenic diet, do you recommend people should go on it? Its clear, that once a person is already close to diabetes 2 or CV diseases, a lot of diets can improve his health, but that does not make that diet overall healthy or that nothing healthier exists.
Sorry Dare, but high fat diets, ketogenic or otherwise, are associated with an increased risk of the conditions I listed.

Diet, Nutrition and the Prevention of Chronic Diseases.

Quote:
I dont want this to become another pro et contra thread where at the end people will be even more confused than in the beginning.

People should look at valid data, researches and make an intelligent guess what is good for them.

To get back OP, here is the link I was talking about few days ago:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...rch-shows.html
I agree, people should look at valid data. I don't think an opinion piece designed to promote Dr Perlmutter's book falls into that category though.

Quote:
That and the normal paleo logic (we should eat foods that we've evolved around) gives me enough arguments to avoid grains. So far I only saw improvements.
Grains have been part of the human diet for at least 100,000 years, so according to "paleo logic" you should be eating them too.

Mozambican Grass Seed Consumption During the Middle Stone Age.
Julio Mercader, DOI: 10.1126/science.1173966.

*All links wfs*